Saturday, April 24, 2010

Never Allow Someone to Leave Mislead

I find it of great importance to always explain to others what the Palestinians are all about. I am thankful to this Man, Rodney Simmons for leaving the comment he left on one of Ahmad Mesleh's posts. Our short conversation shows that when one takes the time to sit and clarify a misinterpreted observation that so much can come out of it. For example: Simmons now realizes that what the Palestinian people feel is NOT hatred for the Israeli people but Hope that one day there will be no war or conflict. There will be peace and tranquility; there will be people, both Palestinian and Israeli living fear-free lives.

Below is the conversation between Rodney Simmons and I...

Rodney Simmons:
"We need to take another approach. I know what it is, but nobody will listen to me. Make your hearts soft, that will make others hearts soft. Dr. Martin Luther King knew how to win. But there seems that rather that freeing Palestine, the main goal is to hate Israel. It will never work. Love only works, hate fails, always. But I fear I am only talking to some here who enjoy rage more that anything."
Hanna Amireh:
"No that is where you are wrong my friend. The palestinian people do not hate Israel!!! If there is one thing that we are taught it is not to hate but to forgive and move on. I am not saying that the war is entirely on the shoulders of Israel for it takes two to start a fight. Our people are a kind people and we truly do understand where you are coming from. It is very easy to interpret our words and videos as an attempt to make others hate Israel. See HATE is a very powerful word and it is not something we use. All that we are trying to accomplish is to Free Palestine and end the war. Palestine has been in conflict with Israel for 52 years now. It is time to raise awareness. Ahmad Mesleh's photographs show the true depths of the war. It is our only hope that with enough help we can end this war like Dr. Martin Luther King, may he rest in peace ended the segregation and hatred between blacks and whites. Please understand that it is not Hatred that fills our hearts but a hope to end all conflict in Palestine so that both sides can finally live in a terror free life."
Rodney Simmons:
"I'm really glad to hear that, it's a big relief to me. Thanks for writing that, Hanna!"
Hanna Amireh:
"You are very welcome. If there is one thing I got out of life it would be to never send someone away mislead. It is my pleasure to explain in any way possible, no matter how long it may take. I always remember to "Say what I mean, and mean what I say."
Rodney Simmons:
"You're an admirable girl, Hanna."

No comments:

Post a Comment